Are you ready to join us?
Join Our Team Of Pelvic Health Physiotherapists
If you are searching for a job where work-life balance is valued and you’re interested in learning from a highly experienced team to specialise in pelvic health, we encourage you to consider applying to join our team.
We are hiring! Read on to learn more.
Hiring Now! Women's, Men's & Pelvic Health Physio
About the Position:
- Develop your pelvic health, women’s health, and /or men’s health clinical skills, with a quality caseload of mostly private patients
- Consult from your own large, well equipped, private room in a beautifully restored heritage cottage
- Learn from and work with a pelvic and musculoskeletal physio with over 30yrs experience
- Have the flexibility to choose the work days and hours that suit you, from 20hrs to as many as 38hrs/week.
We offer you:
- A tailored 3-month on-boarding and up-skilling program tailored to your specific needs
- Protected time for weekly tutorials for sharing practical tips and skills
- Opportunity for case-discussion and co-consults for challenging cases
- Protected time for letter-writing and catching up on note-taking, phone calls and
- Opportunities to network with local referring health professionals
- Generous consultation times
- Opportunity to educate community groups, fitness trainers, and other health professionals about the value of pelvic health physiotherapy
- Opportunity to be involved in birth preparation research
- Opportunity to gain your pessary-fitting competency via the experiential route
- An allowance for external professional development
- Full reception support
- Above award salary, with potential for high income earning from commission-based structure after the initial training period.
If you wish to live locally there is a supply of new and well-priced rental options close by, allowing you to save money and avoid Sydney traffic. The Penrith and Nepean Valley has plenty of green space and every possible sporting option from rowing and whitewater rafting, to hockey and horse-riding. Penrith makes an ideal base to explore the world heritage Blue Mountains with mountain-biking, rock-climbing, canyoning and camping opportunities.
Roles & Responsibilities:
To deliver high level clinical care in least 2 of the following areas:
- Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation (continence, obstructed defecation, voiding dysfunction, prolapse including pessaries, pelvic pain, sexual pain),
- Women’s Health Conditions (breast, musculoskeletal conditions in pregnancy including pelvic girdle pain, abdominal muscle rehabilitation, birth preparation, postpartum recovery; low back, hip and pelvic pain),
- Men’s Health Conditions (post-prostatectomy incontinence, erectile dysfunction, pelvic pain, musculoskeletal conditions)
- Clinical Pilates and Yoga classes
- You are humble, authentic, compassionate, respectful, confident.
- You quickly build rapport with clients.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have excellent time management skills
- You always strive for clinical excellence and practice from a sound evidence base
- You can work independently, but also know when to ask for help
- You have a plan for your own professional development but can also work
towards team goals.
- Degree in Physiotherapy
- Registered with AHPRA
- Minimum 2yrs experience in Physiotherapy
- Previous exposure to a Pregnancy or Pelvic Health caseload
- Continuing education in relevant areas
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Private practice experience
- Undertaking formal postgraduate study in pelvic health
- Skills in Musculoskeletal Assessment
- Exercise Prescription skills, eg Pilates, Yoga
Penrith Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy began 23 years ago when Kylie had her first child.
After graduation she had been principal physiotherapist of her own Sports and Spinal Physiotherapy practice in Emu Plains, and had gained postgraduate musculoskeletal/clinical reasoning skills by studying for a Post Graduate Certificate in Manipulative Physiotherapy from Sydney University.
On return to work she soon realised two things. First, it was very difficult to look after a baby and keep a full time general practice running properly, and secondly, there were important things that postnatal women needed to know but weren’t being told.
Penrith Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy was born from a need to provide women with the knowledge they needed to heal and thrive after pregnancy and delivery.
Working part-time around her 3 young children, Kylie gained postgraduate qualifications in Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation from Melbourne University, and began to see women at all stages of life, with all kinds of pelvic floor conditions. She began seeing men when a urologist rang and asked if she could see one of his male patients, based on the positive feedback from his female patients.
And as her own children started the toilet training journey she became interested in children’s continence problems.
As her children became more independent, she transitioned to full time work, and now that they are young adults and mostly not at home, she has accumulated many years of pelvic health experience. After renting premises for many years she moved to Lemongrove Road, into a beautifully renovated cottage that has a restorative and healing ambience.
She has taken on two wonderful team members- Christine and Jen who have brought additional skills and perspectives to the practice.
If you are looking for a workplace that understands the competing demands of career and family, and if you are keen to draw on the experience of a senior clinician with many years of patient experience to become an expert in pelvic health yourself, you might like to apply to become our next team member! We have permanent full time or part-time roles available.
Use the contact form to tell us a little about yourself and we will be in touch!